Skip to main content

Corrie star Kat Kelly on Becky’s new man, and her own new hairdo!

January 23rd, 2012 by Sarah. No comments

Katherine Kelly has of course ended her run as Becky McDonald on Coronation Street, and we’ll see some of her final scenes in tonight’s episodes, however, Kat has revealed that she was impressed with Becky’s new fella, Danny, and described him as her alter ego’s “leaving present.”

Danny, who’s played by the gorgeous Jeremy Sheffield, has of course fallen head over heels for Becky, and will be seen whisking her off to start a new life in Barbados.

Of Becky’s exit plotline, and Danny in particular, Kat told What’s On TV magazine, “I thought, ‘Well done girl, not bad.’

“He’s lovely, I mean, what a gift, hey? He’s like a leaving present. How marvellous.”

And in another interview with the Daily Mirror, Kat discussed how much playing the role of Becky has changed her life.

She said, “Coronation Street changed my life. The time I was there, with the 50th anniversary and tram accident, has been so eventful…

“It’s been fantastic because the writers have kept throwing me anything they could think of. It’s what’s kept me there five years.”

Of her decision to leave the show, Kat said, “I said, ‘I think I’m ready to go, but please don’t kill me off!’ I’d hate to see the end of Becky, I really would.”

Well of course, Kat got her wish, but one of the first things she did after filming her last scenes as blonde Becky was to get her hair dyed.

Of her new look, Kat said, “When I finished filming I went straight to the hairdressers.

“My hair was so thin at the ends through all those years of dyeing that my stylist felt it was better to cut it shorter.

“My own brother didn’t recognise me. And my mum said, ‘I’ve got my little girl back’.”

She certainly looks a world away from Becky now doesn’t she?! I’m going to miss her though; Becky’s always been one of my favourite characters.

Will you miss her?


View the original article here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

<b>Reality TV</b> gets its own Comic-Con with Audrina Patridge, Nick <b>...</b>

Reality TV gets its own Comic-Con with Audrina Patridge, Nick Cannon and more | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Timesbody {background-color:#ffffff !important;}ul#root li.navLink a {padding-top:17px; padding-right:4px; padding-bottom:16px; padding-left: 5px;} Subscribe/Manage Account Place An Ad LAT Store Jobs Cars Real Estate Rentals More Classifieds Custom Publishing Entertainment HOME LOCAL L.A. Now Politics Crime Education O.C. Westside Neighborhoods Environment Obituaries Findlocal U.S. Politics Now Top of the Ticket Science & Environment Obituaries Religion WORLD Afghanistan & Pakistan Africa Asia Europe Iran Iraq Latin America Mexico Under Siege Middle East Business Money & Co. Technology Personal Finance Small Business Company Town Jobs Real Estate Autos SPORTS Lakers Clippers Dodgers Angels USC UCLA Kings Ducks Soccer High Schools Bleacher Report ENTERTA

The Mobbies are back

Reality Check: The Mobbies are back - Reality shows, TV reviews and Baltimore contestant news from Sarah Kelber - baltimoresun.com JOBS CARS REAL ESTATE CLASSIFIED ADVERTISE HOME DELIVERY SUN STORE The Baltimore Sun > Entertainment > TV > Reality Check Sign up for FREE nightlife text alerts: More Info « 'Dancing With the Stars' results: Who's out tonight? | Main | 'Project Runway' recap: Almost time for Fashion Week » October 21, 2010 The Mobbies are back The Baltimore Sun's blog contest, the Mobbies, is back for a second year. We're in the nomination period now, and this year, Sun blogs are eligible. (As John McIntyre so eloquently put it, [cough].) If you're a fan of a local blog on just about anything, Sun or not, feel free to send a nomination its way. And, as an aside, that Survivor recap really is on its way later today, I promise. Posted by Sarah Kickler Kelber at 4