Skip to main content

The Biggest Loser’s Joe Mitchell Has No Hard Feelings Since His Elimination

« | Home

November 10, 2011 10:00 AM by Lisa Princ

This week on The Biggest Loser on NBC, we watched only one player’s weight counted for each team. Unfortunately, Joe Mitchell was chosen by Anna Kournikova, but his weight loss for the week was not enough to save his team, which ended up in his elimination. In a post elimination press conference, Joe shares that he has no hard feelings towards his friends who sent him packing. Read on for more.

Joe Mitchell was visibly upset when a few of his friends wrote down his name for elimination on this week’s episode of The Biggest Loser, but Joe has no hard feelings. In fact, Joe Mitchell has already spoken to some of his friends since leaving the show, check out his post elimination interview below!

Question: You were visibly angry at the elimination table this week, can you tell us about your feelings on being betrayed by Vinny and Antone?

Joe Mitchell: The Biggest Loser has been amazing experience, and unfortunately, it is part of the game, and we signed up for it. I talked with Vinny yesterday and we laughed about it. I consider Vinny a dear friend. It’s all part of the process, and I hold no grudges…I was threat, and it’s okay, it truly is.

Question: Can you tell about working with Bob Harper versus Anna Kournikova?

Joe Mitchell: I will say that the trainer had nothing to do with my downfall. Bob helped me in so many ways, that is why it was hard leaving him. You know, I depended on him so much and he showed me weight loss was possible. On the other hand, Anna showed me that I can do it. Anna fixed my thinking and prepared me to go home. I was so fortunate to have them both.

Question: How hard was it for you to be separated from Bob Harper?

Joe Mitchell: You know, Bob obviously knows this game better than anyone, he has been here forever, and he is tremendous in the gym. I went from thinking I could not lose weight, to him showing me that I could lose weight, so I feel like it was natural for me to have that dependency on him. All of us at the ranch went through this to an extent. But when I was switched to Anna Kournikova, she got into my head so that I was thinking “yes I can do this.” At the end of the day, the only person you can count on to do this is yourself. Anna prepared me for that, and Dolvett was just amazing, I got to work with him a little also. They didn’t care what team you were on, they all helped us out.

Question: What did you take away from meeting Devin Alexander this week?

Joe Mitchell: It’s actually funny because I told her when I met her, I was a fan of her when she had her television cooking show. My wife was in hospital at the time and then bedridden, which was the only time in my life I ever cooked. I ended up taping her shows to see how I cook something quick and easy while wife in bed. It was an amazing experience.

Question: What is the easiest part and hardest part of being home?

Joe Mitchell: It was easiest be back with my family and my kids. I was so afraid that my little man wouldn’t remember me. It was funny because when they came to airport, he ran up to me and said “where have you been daddy?” I have been fortunate also as the transition coming home has not been that hard. Anna changed my thinking so that I would be ready to do this. The hardest part is planning your day before it begins.

Question: What was the hardest part of being at the ranch?

Joe Mitchell: The hardest part was being away from my family, we are very close knit. That was the hardest part, not having contact with them.

Question: Do you have any healthy eating tips you can share?

Joe Mitchell: The first thing I tell people is that you have got to be documenting every single thing you do. That is by far the one thing I have done better since I have been home. That is my number one tip, because people can fool themselves by eating a lot more than they think they do – that is what I did. Just plan, plan plan, and don’t ever have a meal by accident, even if you are going out to eat.

Question: Who do you think is going to win?

Joe Mitchell: I don’t know, I truly don’t. I know who I am pulling for – I grew so close to Sunny and Ramon. My heart is with those two, but I don’t know who is going to win this thing, or who is going to be in the final 3 at this point.

Good Luck to Joe Mitchell, we look forward to seeing you at the finale!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great The Biggest Loser news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Biggest Loser and then come and discuss the show on our Reality TV message boards.

Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment!

Photo Courtesy of NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Biggest Loser |

« | Home No Comments »

View the original article here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

<b>Reality TV</b> gets its own Comic-Con with Audrina Patridge, Nick <b>...</b>

Reality TV gets its own Comic-Con with Audrina Patridge, Nick Cannon and more | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Timesbody {background-color:#ffffff !important;}ul#root li.navLink a {padding-top:17px; padding-right:4px; padding-bottom:16px; padding-left: 5px;} Subscribe/Manage Account Place An Ad LAT Store Jobs Cars Real Estate Rentals More Classifieds Custom Publishing Entertainment HOME LOCAL L.A. Now Politics Crime Education O.C. Westside Neighborhoods Environment Obituaries Findlocal U.S. Politics Now Top of the Ticket Science & Environment Obituaries Religion WORLD Afghanistan & Pakistan Africa Asia Europe Iran Iraq Latin America Mexico Under Siege Middle East Business Money & Co. Technology Personal Finance Small Business Company Town Jobs Real Estate Autos SPORTS Lakers Clippers Dodgers Angels USC UCLA Kings Ducks Soccer High Schools Bleacher Report ENTERTA

The Mobbies are back

Reality Check: The Mobbies are back - Reality shows, TV reviews and Baltimore contestant news from Sarah Kelber - baltimoresun.com JOBS CARS REAL ESTATE CLASSIFIED ADVERTISE HOME DELIVERY SUN STORE The Baltimore Sun > Entertainment > TV > Reality Check Sign up for FREE nightlife text alerts: More Info « 'Dancing With the Stars' results: Who's out tonight? | Main | 'Project Runway' recap: Almost time for Fashion Week » October 21, 2010 The Mobbies are back The Baltimore Sun's blog contest, the Mobbies, is back for a second year. We're in the nomination period now, and this year, Sun blogs are eligible. (As John McIntyre so eloquently put it, [cough].) If you're a fan of a local blog on just about anything, Sun or not, feel free to send a nomination its way. And, as an aside, that Survivor recap really is on its way later today, I promise. Posted by Sarah Kickler Kelber at 4