Doctor Who boss Steven Moffat has warned fans that the start of the upcoming sixth series will be very ‘dark.’
The writer and producer told Digital Spy that the two opening episodes ‘The Impossible Astronaut’ and ‘Day of the Moon’ will both be “darker than any other opener of a season”.
“We’ve been pretty dark before in Doctor Who,” he revealed, adding:
“But we’re coming in [to a series] from the dark side just because we haven’t done it that way before.”
However, don’t stop your kids tuning in. Moffat promises the show will still be suitable for it’s younger fans. He added:
“First of all, you make Doctor Who frightening to appeal to children. Children absolutely rank [the] stories in order of frightening-ness. That’s what it’s about.”
He added: “I’ve got two kids of my own and I’d never do anything I didn’t think was acceptable for them. You put the jokes… and the silly bits in for the adults and you put the scares in for the kids.”
Doctor Who returns on April 23 on BBC One.
Check out a new set of promo pictures for the new series here.
Comments
Post a Comment