« The Bachelorette: A Week of Ups and Downs for Ali Fedotowsky | Home | The Voice of America: Audition Dates and Locations for “The Voice of America” Announced! »
December 18, 2010 05:30:35 by Shayla Perry
Camille Grammer is sorry that her dinner party in the last episode of Bravo’s The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills went so horribly wrong and for what she insinuated about Kyle Richards and her husband, Mauricio’s relationship, but she makes no apologies for her friend, psychic Allison Dubois. So what caused everything to get out of hand that evening, according to Camille? Read on to find out.
From Camille Grammer’s blog:
Wow! What an episode. Watching this week’s show was quite the experience. I recalled many, many emotions. The most prominent were surprise and disappointment.
When I first started planning this dinner for the ladies, I was truly cautiously optimistic. A little time and distance had passed since “New York” and it seemed like a good idea to try to settle things down, a reconciliation. I thought it would be great if I could patch things up with Kyle. If not, then maybe we could at least get to a point where we could all be together in the same room and be civil to each other. I wanted to extend an invitation, and hope for the best.
My plan was simple, to have a dinner party with all of the ladies and invite a couple of my friends as icebreakers. Dedra has been so dear to me over the years and gets along with almost everyone. Allison [Dubois] was a perfect choice in my mind because not only is she a good friend but also is witty, entertaining, and compelling. She had always gotten along well with my friends in the past. I knew she would be a welcome distraction for us. Her career is interesting and usually leads to a variety of conversations. This may be just what we needed to keep from rehashing our past disagreements, to forge into a whole new direction and the opportunity to have a night without negative exchanges. I thought once we had a friendly get-together under our belt our future interactions would precede more easily.
Oh, how wrong was I!?!
The night of the dinner party I was very nervous for obvious reasons. As a side note, it may not come as a surprise to the viewers, but I when I get nervous I smile and laugh. I know that there are other people that do this as well. It isn’t something that I try to do, it just happens. I don’t know if there is a medical name for this, but a friend of mine who also reacts similarly, says it is just a nervous reaction, nervous energy finding an outlet. She is probably right, but it does lead to some confusion with people who don’t know me well.
I worked hard at being a good hostess to the housewives, most of who had never been to my home before. The party was going fairly well until Kyle [Richards] walked in with her friend. I just felt something was off when I greeted her friend and welcomed her into my home. I’m not sure if it was because she wouldn’t look me in the eye or if it was just a change in the energy of the room. As the night progressed, it became obvious she wasn’t there for the food and sparkling dinner conversation. It appeared that she was stalking the perimeter of the conversation, just waiting for her chance to pounce. When she found her opportunity she kept antagonizing my guests and stirring the pot.
Finally Allison [Dubois] had justifiably had enough. She felt the need to defend me as well as herself. She is a fiercely loyal protective friend and no shrinking violet. For this I am grateful and I appreciate and love her dearly. Unfortunately we had reached the point of no return. The whole night started to resemble a freight train out of control.
I was deeply hurt, surprised and disappointed. I felt so ambushed in my own home. After the other ladies left I talked with my friends about the evening’s events. We were all shell-shocked and I said some things I wish I had not said.
At this time I want to apologize to Kyle [Richards] and her husband Mauricio. We have worked with Mauricio for several years, and I think he is a lovely person. I must apologize for my comments because I believe they really have a great marriage, and he does love his wife. It was the end of a very volatile day with emotions raging and tempers flaring. I reacted out of frustration, and made statements that should not have been said. I sincerely apologize to Kyle and Mauricio for my statements and truly don’t believe what was said.
Back to story, I wonder how many people have actually succeeded in establishing the goodwill I had hoped for under such trying circumstances. That night all just went so horribly wrong. All I had to show for my good intentions and efforts were some fresh bruises for me, and many ruffled feathers for the housewives.
I remember thinking to myself, why did I agree to do this show? Is this as bad as it gets? It has to be, right?
Again, how wrong was I?!!!
Until next time,
Camille
PS: I want to extend a special thank you to my good friends Allison and Dedra. I appreciate that we are still close friends even after I exposed you to such an explosive evening. I love that you stood by me and came to my defense. I only wish the evening had turned out differently. But, as you both know, no one is more disappointed at the outcome of that evening than I am.
What do you think of Camille Grammer’s account of the dinner party and her apology to Kyle Richards? Sound off in the comments below.
Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great The Real Housewives news, please feel free to check out SirLinksAlot: The Real Housewives and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.
For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows.com!
Photo Credit: Bravo
Related posts: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: The Dinner Party from HellThe Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Camille vs. Kyle Round 2The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: It’s Kyle Vs. Camille!The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: The Housewives Hit the RoadThe Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: The Showdown You Almost Didn’t See
Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills |
« The Bachelorette: A Week of Ups and Downs for Ali Fedotowsky | Home | The Voice of America: Audition Dates and Locations for “The Voice of America” Announced! »
Comments
Post a Comment