
Coronation street star Steven Arnold today reveals he’s pleased squeky-voiced butcher Ashley Peacock finally got killed off in this week’s 50th anniversary extravaganza.
Wednesday’s dramatic scenes, when lovable Ash died a hero saving his mates were a tearjerking climax to two years of real-life anguish. In an interview with The News Of The World actor Steven, 36, confessed he grew angry as his character was frozen out by scriptwriters.
He told the newspaper:
“To be honest I felt ready to go.”
“I’ve loved my time at Corrie. I cried when I left because it means so much to me but it was time for Ashley to go.”
“I was working part time, just four months of the year. And it got me down.”
“The character was fading away and the writing was on the wall. I’d lost a sense of purpose. I was getting paid less. I spent days walking my two Rottweilers to fill the time. I’m ambitious and I wanted to be working. I worried I was doing my job wrong.”
Follow us on Twitter! Get the latest news and chat with @unrealitytvCategories: Soaps Tags: Coronation Street, Steven Arnold
Comments
Post a Comment