« The Bachelorette: A Week of Ups and Downs for Ali Fedotowsky | Home
December 18, 2010 02:00:35 by Shayla Perry
Fresh off the release of her debut album, Farmer’s Daughter, Crystal Bowersox sat down with MTV News to talk about FOX’s American Idol, how the show changed her life, and her thoughts on the big changes in store for season 10. What does Crystal think of the show’s new format, and the addition of Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez to the judges’ table? Read on for all the details.
“I don’t take for granted for a second what ‘American Idol’ did for me, the life that I have now. I’m sitting here now because of ‘American Idol,’” Crystal Bowersox told MTV News in an interview. “I wouldn’t have anything that I have now if I hadn’t tried out for the show. It’s changed my entire life.”
Though the “Farmer’s Daughter” singer gives full credit to the FOX reality show for her start in the music biz, she’s a little wary when it comes to all the changes Idol has planned for its tenth season–including two of the judges.
“I think that ‘American Idol’ producers … were a little disappointed on how many rootsy, folksy people they got. And they’re really looking for a pop icon to come through,” said Bowersox. “But, I don’t know, we’ll see what happens. With Steven Tyler as a judge, you’d think you want to stay with that rootsy-rock thing, but then there’s J. Lo, and Randy’s still there. It’ll be interesting to see what happens next season.”
So will Crystal Bowersox be watching when American Idol returns for its tenth season January 19th on FOX?
“I don’t know. I might catch it on YouTube or something,” said Crystal. “I’ve been so busy I haven’t been able to catch anything. But it’ll be fun to see.”
Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great American Idol news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol and then come and discuss the show on our American Idol message boards.
For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows.com!
Photo Source: PARADE Magazine
Related posts: American Idol: Crystal Bowersox and Alanis Morrisette Performance (Video)American Idol: Aerosmith Bassist Confirms Steven Tyler Will Be A JudgeAmerican Idol: Crystal Bowersox on Her Painful PastAmerican Idol: Should Crystal Bowersox Have Won?American Idol: Crystal Bowersox Defends Her Ex-Boyfriend
Topics: American Idol, Crystal Bowersox, FOX Reality TV Shows |
« The Bachelorette: A Week of Ups and Downs for Ali Fedotowsky | Home
Comments
Post a Comment